Sunday, December 09, 2012

 

at the sports hall

My body is still not doing as I tell it.
Bit of a general flare up of things along with my painful sciatica.
I organised my afternoon round it.
I was chief timekeeper at sportshall athletics. There were just 4 of us - and even with problems I had lots more oomph than the other three.
But I was not prepared to be bobbing up and down from the chair all afternoon. I timed, recorded everybody's times and did the paper work for the computer, sitting down and then Bill passed the paper work over.
At first I felt a bit uptight - doesn't help when 2 of the timekeepers fail to take times in the first race; stupid old men! Yes, Bill was one of them!
But I had to relax and the best way was for me to take almost all the times so that I had something to fall back on when necessary.
Crawley didn't actually walk away with all the honours this time. The girls were beaten by the Brighton team. But our boys shone through once again.
One of the boys, just starting out, was the young son of a "girl" who had been in the team when I was team manager about 30 years ago.
Time for bed - I have already been asleep of course.
We are back in the shop tomorrow, for our regular duty day.