Wednesday, July 25, 2012

 

Just another day.

Our visitors won't starve over the weekend.
Our trip to Lidl and Sainsbury's has filled the cupboards and fridge to overflowing.
There are treats a plenty!
Tomorrow son and grand daughter will arrive by train from Newcastle for their annual Sussex holiday.
We have lots planned to keep us busy, entertained and interested.
Just hoping that the good weather continues.
It should be good for this weekend.
Today I realised that I should forego my desired wish to witness the men's cycle road race on Saturday...it will whizz through Dorking before doing the Box Hill circuit 9 times.
Dorking have organised a weekend of fun activities....but getting there and parking there would be near impossible.I should have sorted it weeks ago.
Instead I hope we will enjoy Shoreham - a boot sale, the beach, the houseboats and I have been reading of a ruined fort at the mouth of the river Adur. It is Victorian. It looks to be worth a visit.

This afternoon Frieda came round. She went through her usual comments about today's society. She takes in what The Daily Mail  teels her - millions of immigrants sponging on society. There are undoubtably some (too many I guess).....but Frieda was shocked when I mentioned her doctor - the head of the medical centre opposite our houses.
He is Indian - very clever and very successful. No doubt he pays more tax than we have as income!
I pointed out that most immigrants want to work, better themselves and are happy to contribute with taxes to the well being of this country.
She knew I was right....but soon she will have forgotten.

Right, I want to watch a play on TV. It is about rowers and The Olympic Games.....a much earlier Games than that which starts on Friday.