Wednesday, July 18, 2012

 

Races in the rain.

Hardly a day of rest.
But this morning was relaxing, sorting out photos of our special day yesterday.
This afternoon we went into town to collect our new spectacles.
I came home and enjoyed a lovely hot shower......and then we went out to sit in the pouring rain for 2 and a half hours.
Actually I exaggerate.
The timekeepers at the Crawley track are not under cover, but at the back of the steps one can be under the over hang of the grandstand roof. So we were not too badly off.
Other officials were not so lucky.
And the athletes - mostly youngsters had  races in the rain.
I wouldn't have wanted to run 200 metres in that weather. But then I am at a stage in life when running 200 metres would be an impossibility!

Do scroll down and see the first section of my favourite Olympic torch relay photos,