Tuesday, July 10, 2012

 

Day one of some discipline.

Well, that's one day done.
I haven't eaten very much and what I have selected is from the low potassium end of the diet sheet.
No more nibbling little cherry tomatoes like sweets!
I still feel nauseous, but probably not as bad as in the last few days.
And for a couple of hours I was pretty active - though I was happy to allow the bus to take me into town. It was raining anyway.
We had to collect a parcel from the post office - we were out when they tried to deliver yesterday.
This is not a parcel for us. It is for Jamie and Mam. Now, I am not saying I am cross - because we all do as much as we can for our offspring.
But - you knew there would be a but - Jamie ordered an expensive set of DVDs ( I think expensive anyway) from Amazon. Amazon would post for free within the UK. So he got them to send it to us......guess who has paid to send it on to Thailand? £27 worth of paying!
With that thought in mind I spent a little while in town selecting things to send for our Jessica's birthday - in the same box.
That was fun.
We also called in at our Santander bank. We have their new credit cards - Bill felt it was fiddly to change - why bother? But it is worth the bother to get 3% back on every petrol purchase (diesel in our case).And 2% off electricity and 1% off supermarket shopping.
And anyway our young man in the bank was prepared to do it all for us.
So, no bother.
We also booked eye tests - quite long overdue. So, we will have to be back in town at 1 0'clock tomorrow.
This afternoon I enjoyed quite a deep sleep.
But my body is beginning to think about bedtime already.
I shall have just a very few of the strawberries that are in the fridge - not too many. I would sacrifice quite a lot to be rid of this nausea.