Wednesday, July 11, 2012

 

Flickering eyes.

The day has felt very negative.
I am not sure why.
This evening I feel like kicking something.
I should be feeling pleased. As long ago as last October I planned to open a Flickr account for sharing and storing my very best photographs.
Today I did it.
I have begun with some of my favourite photographs from the first 6 months of this year.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/monklandpaula/
They have all appeared on this blog, of course. But I am glad that my interest might be shared by photo enthusiasts too.  I will upgrade the page soon and who knows it might lead to making some money from photography - though that is not the reason for either taking pictures or wanting to share them.

Then it was time to go into town. The plan had been to walk; but as we walked along our road, we realised that the wind was gusting and the skies were looking dark and menacing. So we caught the bus.
We both had eye tests.
There are changes. But generally my eyes are healthy. It was noted that Bill has very early signs of a cateract.
As Bill was sorting out his new frames, I realised that I was in need of an urgent visit to the loo - I was kindly taken to the optician's staff facilities.
My urostomy bag is a life giver - but sometimes it can disturb the pattern of life.
Instead of getting a bite to eat out, we had to hurry home so that I could deal with things.
Today it has knocked my confidence.
Probably because I still don't feel so good. It seems more likely that it is a mild flare of the pancreatitis than anything else.

Actually it was as well we left town when we did - we got home just before a mighty storm, with thunder lightning and torrential rain. I enjoy powerful weather - though truly I think the extreme I would like just now is some heat.

I did cook a good dinner - chicken fillets done with garlic, honey and Maggi Sauce.

Now, I will just let today drift away into history.
I believe that we will have a dry and sunny morning; so we will go to Ford.