Sunday, July 22, 2012

 

Brighton Marina. A beautiful, sunny July evening.

We had a lovely visit to Brighton Marina yesterday evening.
The water was so clear and still - both in the marina and on the beach and at sea.






























At this point I will add a photo taken by  a friend.
Newhaven is in the distance, well round the end of the chalky headland. I spent many childhood days on the beach at Newhaven - but I don't think I ever went to the cliff top.
Do you remember going there brother?


This was taken today - look at the blue sky and the blue sea.
We have some summer!




































Rottingdean windmill on the cliffs.


Evening light in the marina.















One in and one out.














I have to admit a feeling of pride to have captured this picture.

























I think the seagull was happy to have captured a star fish.
We saw quite a lot of star fish on the sea bed in the marina.







The elegant white houses of the Brighton sea front.










Sun set over the marina.



















Marina masts and Brighton centre in the distance.





Pier sunset.

Chimneys in the sunset.
I have to be honest and say that the sky was not that orange.
But my camera thought it was!