Saturday, July 21, 2012

 

Another lovely day.

Lovely day....again.
I feel so fortunate to have so many days in my life that make me feel good.
This afternoon we were timekeeping for a semi final match in a nationwide athletics competition .Both the Crawley men and the Crawley women won their matches - so progress to the final.
I had expected to have a restful afternoon., and indeed it was very relaxed.
But another timekeeper had been designated chief; but when we arrived Derek came to ask me if I could do it because he had a migraine.
I have more electric times to go through...but I haven't looked at the ones from last Wednesday yet!

We hadn't had a chance to do shopping during the past week, so decided to go to Brighton marina Asda - where fuel prices are cheaper than anywhere else in Sussex.
We had thought we would have a meal whilst at the marina.
But first we went for a stroll.
It was quite a long walk - along the marina and then round the harbour wall on the east side.
The water was so still tonight. The sea was flat calm and the tide was out.
The air was fresh and still and the sky finally provided a good sunset.
A wonderful night for photographs
The West Quay (Wetherspoons) was by then very crowded - Saturday night, you know. It was noisy.
We decided to have some fish and chips in Rottingdean - but found no fish and chip shop.
So, bought some in Crawley.

It's late now. Time for bed.