Sunday, June 10, 2012

 

Recent purchases and housework.

Sunday should be a day of rest - but not for us today.
This was a day when we had time for some housework.
Bill hoovered and I ironed.
Bill went out into the garden and I tidied.
I have written up many of the things acquired in the last week or so and they are ready to take to the shop tomorrow.
I am quite sure I have too much for I suspect the empty spaces on the shelves will be few.
Here are some of my treasures.


















I bought this selection yesterday very cheaply.


This cannon teapot is known as a Belisha tea pot.
It was made in 1940 and Belisha was the Minister of War.
Such a tea pot can sell for £80 to £90. I am hoping for £55 in the shop.












1950's plastic document folder.























Victorian glass rolling pin.
Traditionally sailors would leave one with their wives when they went to sea.


China ornaments can sell very well - and some makes are very much collected.
They do make ideal presents.
The cute owl, the one here that I like less than the cats is worth the most. -  not a fortune (I hope for £15) - because it is made by Aynsley.
































Three 1950's dolls and a 1920's German doll.


I sell loads of old cookery and household books.

The BBC Household Talks is a very early BBC book - one of the first, I would suggest.
It was published in 1928.









One other job I gave myself today was to deal with my hair.
It probably needs cutting.
And yesterday I decided that the colour of it was all wrong.
I maybe should have dull grey hair at this stage of my life, but I am happy to keep the mid to dark brown that I have always had.
My recent attempt seemed OK at first - but suddenly I didn't like it.
I am happy now.

The rain is becoming boring and frustrating.
It is nearly the longest day and nobody has had much chance of enjoying warm light evenings.
Tonight it was a case of - pull the curtains and shut it all out.