Monday, June 04, 2012

 

Street Party Part 2.

The second part of my Street Party blog contains pictures which reflect the day, mostly with pictures of peole from the street area, rather than family.


The Royal Oak has been part of the street scene for all my lifetime.
A pub was not part of my family's social scene, so I was fascinated by the place.

















Just couldn't illustrate a Jubilee street party better.

There were lots of yummy cakes.

This one looked and tasted so good.















There were two or three barbecues set up along the street.



















People had their favourite drinks. Pimms, beers, wines, fruit juices and here we have champagne.




















This one of my favourite pictures that I took, but I suppose the woman wouldn't like it so much.
I am sure she would have smiled if I had asked.
Everybody was very happy.
















People having a good time.




















Union Jacks and red white and blue in abundance.
















Badminton set up in the road.





















Prize winning cakes - well done to the mother of Holly and Madison.


















The National Anthem played for us from the Royal Oak roof.
When he played it again we all sang with good cheer.













Mel and Ruth organised a big raffle, with donated prizes.




















Party tables all along the street.



















There was a Jubilee mug for all the children.


















A general view.














Lots of space for children to play in the road - until 6 o'clock.

Jenson had changed out of his soldier outfit and into his pyjamas.












Daisy on her bike.




















Late in the day The Mayor visited.
Here he is with Mel.

Bravo Mel! You created something very special.