Tuesday, June 05, 2012

 

Farewell to the only Diamond Jubilee that I will ever know about.

I am feeling really tired.
I wonder how The Queen is feeling.
She has had a lot to do in the last 4 days. I know she has people to do the humdrum tasks, but she, like me, might not have slept well last night.
She must have pondered a little on widowhood - with her husband taken into hospital during the day.
She did look rather wistful and slightly vulnerable this morning at St Paul's Cathedral, walking alone down the aisle.
Some of the Queen's day has been my day...the TV has been on.
But I have been working - a bit.
I had photographs to organise for EBay and I described and listed 10 maps.
I have sorted out accounts and tidied up a bit.
We had a lovely beef dinner and drank some red wine - a fitting finale to this Jubilee holiday.
Time now to get on with normality.....if only it would stop raining. It seems to have set in for the rest of the week.
But let us all remember to keep smiles on our faces - there have been happy smiling faces in abundance these last 4 days.