Thursday, June 07, 2012

 

Windy and wet - home and abroad.

There was a poem I knew way, way back which begins
"This is the weather the cuckoo likes,
And so do I."
The poem is by Thomas Hardy.
I am thinking that the cuckoo has not been feeling very content today - dreadful weather....for June.
Lots of rain in Sussex and wild winds.


"Oh dear, poor Sussex", you might be thinking.
But look more closely - that's not English on the hut signs.
It's Thai.

The island of Phuket (Pooket) has even worse weather than we do.






My grandchildren had to be sent home from school today. The wind had damaged the roof and water was coming through.
On Facebook,  Phuket people were comparing notes about some flooding and powercuts.

But it has been bad here too. So bad that soon our drought might be deemed to be over!
It is exceedingly windy.


The Sussex coast.
I am really tempted to go an experience it for myself tomorrow.
I expect my man will think I am crazy!








This morning we were shopping. We bought more than usual.
I came home and arranged vegetables in a basket, which I have in the kitchen. It looks good.
I have problems with the veg trays in the fridge - some things, especially carrots, freeze. The thermometer says the fridge is at the right temperature. I guess the freezer below it affects the floor of the fridge.

I have sorted out May photographs for printing. I can't complete the task because I have run out of ink. New ink cartridges are on their way.
I like selecting my favourite pictures for an album.