Thursday, May 24, 2012

 

Briefly - my Thursday.

Brevity is the soul of wit - who said that?
Of course, Polonius did - in Hamlet.
Well, brevity you shall have today.
But don't expect any wit.
Busy day. Sunny day. Hot day.
Ford was relaxing and worthwhile - I don't mean the prison at Ford, I mean the car boot sale.
Breakfast was tasty.
The tide was flowing in fast up the River Arun.
We walked a little. I photographed "Strangers on the Shore" I'll share some of my favourites during tomorrow.
Home to have a nice cup of tea - with Frieda.
She will feed Harry Cat for 2 nights. Just how she will feed him, I can't tell!
We were talking with her about how many sellers at a car boot sale arrive in the dead of night because they like to get their favourite pitch.
Ah, now I see her confusion. It was the word "pitch" that did it.
From that moment on she seemed to think we had been somewhere connected with football.
Next to the surgery to see the nurse for my Vitamin B12 injection. Ouch!
Nurse then confirmed by her actions (not her words) that the osteoporosis nurse failed to have her finger on the pulse.
She had talked about my need for blood tests to check calcium levels - but didn't bother about it.
Today I came home with a blood test form.
Nurse also told me that Dr O is doing well. Radiotherapy finished. He will return to work in a couple of weeks.
Then a bit of shopping - cat food that Frieda can deal with easily.
Quick bite to eat.
Then to the track at Broadbridge Heath for Sussex Under 13 League. Good evening - lovely and warm.
Horsham beat Crawley this evening by one point.