Sunday, February 26, 2012

 

Wedding Day magic.

What a weekend....what a wedding.
It  is the love of the people that make a wedding special and the shared love of all the family and friends.
Love was there in abundance.
Now add the bonus of a sublime setting and the sort of day that by rights February shouldn't be giving us.
After the ceremony the guests were able to mingle and share chatter and drinks on the patio under a bright blue sky, feeling really warm
Children played, sheep baaed on the hillside and everybody smiled. My niece, Meg just smiled and smiled and looked lovely.
Everybody was happy.
Thousands of photos have been taken by all sorts of people. The groom's brother was the official photographer and I look forward to seeing his pictures.
I am sure he had the knowledge and the equipment to over come what is my one complaint......it was almost too bright with a low sun, for bright sharp photographs.
But I like what I have seen on my camera and Bill's camera - and also from a couple of other's too.
How could we fail to capture love and beauty on such a day?





































































There is a photo somewhere of Bill and I posing with the wedding bouquet, which Meg handed to me to carry. It will appear later.




The parents of the bride - my brother and his wife.

And now we return to the beginning because I would love to share with you the barn where the ceremony was held.







Tom stands alone, waiting for his bride.

At 4 o'clock we sat down to a lovely 3 course meal, in the large room adjacent to the barn.
There were speeches, touching and amusing.
Later there was dancing.

Many of the guests stayed at a Premier Inn for the night and we gathered together again this morning for an English breakfast at the home of my brother and his wife.
There were at least 25 of us!
Meg and Tom joined us later after their special night away.
Their young son, forever contented, was very pleased to be reunited with them.
There was still a large group of us together to enjoy lunch - Sue you are a marvel!

I am sure there are many rather exhausted folk right now. I know I need an early night.
I am looking forward to time with all my photos - I will pick out some of those I think really sum up the day and post them later in the week.