Wednesday, February 22, 2012

 
This is the morning after the night before.
I had trouble with getting something posted yesterday - and again this morning for a while. I now have the blog new format page supported by Google Chrome.
Yesterday was pancake day - officially Shrove Tuesday, or world wide would be called Mardi Gras.
Today is the beginning of Lent. In the Christian church, Lent is a time for abstinence and reflection. The night before is for partying...and eating up all those things that will be rejected during Lent.
For some reason we in Britain, don't really party  on Shrove Tuesday - but we do make and eat pancakes. Traditionally there can be pancake races with people running through the village or town with the frying pan and tossing the pancake at intervals.
There was no running for me - but I did toss pancakes.























The batter is made with flour, eggs and milk. In my case I used soya milk.
















The batter must be beaten well.




Batter is poured into the hot pan. I successfully tossed it to turn it over to cook on the other side. That was practice - the camera could wait.

Platter of pancakes and a lemon.

Bill had a little lemon juice and sugar on his pancakes and a lot of Nutella!
I  had just lemon juice and sugar on my pancakes. That is how I have always had pancakes on Shrove Tuesday.

Having used a new format for blogging today I am not  sure of the layout of this once it is published. If it is all over the place, I apologise. I don't seem to be able to get the cursor where I want it every time. I will learn new strategies in time.