Monday, February 20, 2012

 

Not quite a normal shop day.

There should be photos.....but time ran away, like it so often does.
I suggested there would need to be reorganisation in my section at the shop...and that is just what the section had.
I guess it is not so very different, but somehow I wanted to use the little corner shelf unit that I bought on Saturday. I moved almost everything from one place to another.

I got that done and then went out for a short while. I was hoping to find just what Ashley would like for his birthday in the Oxfam book shop. Wow! They have some very fine books, but not books of the obscure philosophers that A is wanting. I could have bought him a 1st edition Sherlock Holmes book - but didn't have the spare £1,200 in my purse.

When I returned to the shop, conversation was mostly about Julie - our dear old French lady who is normally there on a Monday.
She is in hospital - but which hospital right now, I wonder?
Poor Julie she has been back and forth.
Leatherhead is a care hospital, while Epsom is a treatment hospital. Leatherhead has been sure that Julie needs treatment.
This afternoon she presumably was taken to Epsom - again. Monika had fitted in a visit to Leatherhead before the ambulance arrived.
Pneumonia is the worry.
Her daughter, in France, phoned us at the shop to try and update us about what is going on.
The outcome may not be good. Monika feels she is in the process of giving up.
We have to accept that this actually might be a good outcome....when an old person feels ready to leave the world, maybe that is the best we could wish for.
We would have sadness of course. Julie is part of our lives.

Maybe it was the tension in the air over a life and death matter that sent me off to clean and tidy our little kitchen, whilst Monika was out visiting.
Maybe it was just that Stephen had bought a new kettle which looked kind of out of place amongst the mess.
I worked hard. I can still smell the bleach!
Then I washed the floor in my own section.

And now, my body aches with all the hard work - a lot of time on my feet today.
Oh and there were customers in and out of the shop too - some buying.