Friday, February 17, 2012

 

Electrical failures and family aid and fun.

Electrical failures!
Bill was woken by the alarm clock - not beeping, but one seemingly final death throe bang. It stopped working of course.
But it was not the clock that died it was the freeview box attached to our bedroom TV - and it wasn't even on.
Now, if we want a bedroom TV we will have to get another freeview box or even a new little TV.
Once awake, I came downstairs and switched on the computer. Would there be bids on the Anzac on Sea stuff? More of that in a minute.
I found that my monitor had also decided to give up the ghost. It had been flickering a bit lately.
So, of course, Bill's computer was switched on.
I got myself set up with familiar pages.
And posted the sorry tale of my monitor on facebook.
It wasn't long before Bill's sister rang....would I like Antony's redundant monitor?
Oh thank you, family!
By chance we had arranged to go and see Pam and Antony this afternoon. It was lovely sharing time with our niece and great nephew too.
And now I have Antony's monitor in front of me as I write.
I shall donate some money to the Littlehampton lifeboats tomorrow morning in thanks.
Now, back to Anzac on Sea.
Just like with the last lot of ephemera, I have been contacted by a man from Peacehaven who would like to buy it straight away. He claimed to be interested in local history.
I was not going to be duped....no way!
I checked his feedbacks. He has sold nothing on EBay. So all the Peacehaven stuff he has bought (and also Roman history items) are genuinely for him, I guess. Oh come on mother! Don't be so trusting! He might have a contact who he can pass things on to without the benefit of Ebay, and at great profit!
The items have only one watcher right now and I can guess that the watcher is the man who contacted.
I think on this occasion I might withdraw them from sale, on the proviso that we can deliver the bits to him and maybe see if he knows anything about Cairo Stores, which Bill's Aunt and Uncle owned.
It would be a good day out.

When we arrived at Bill's sister's, young Caleb was dozing on his mother's lap.
He didn't seem to be very pleased at being disturbed.


But soon began to be more alert and chat.
Photograph in the background of his great grandparents.






























Of course! He is a Thomas the Tank Engine fan. He had been to the Bluebell Railway earlier in the week and bought the lovely James, the Red Engine to add to his collection.

I like this picture of Caleb too - taken by Antony.
















I have another picture for you - which just made me laugh.
It is about English Grammar - but is not one that should be used in schools.


Labels: