Sunday, February 05, 2012

 

Snow day.

If the sun had been shining, it might have been different.
I was tempted out, but opted to wait for brighter skies, which never materialised.
So no snowman making for me and not even any photographs.
I am happy to see the snowmen that youngsters in the family have shared in the making of - with lots of happy input from young parents.
We certainly had snow enough - there is a large snowman right now just outside the entrance to the medical centre. It might not have been the most suitable place for it.



Not always a snowman...... here our great nephew gets to know a snow cat in Crystal Palace Park.

OK - so it's a snow rabbit!
I suppose the ears are a clue.
But he does remind me of our Harry cat!




















The snow still covers the ground. I hope its not too icy in the morning.
We did do something today that should be done in extreme weather conditions - we looked out for an elderly neighbour who lives alone.
Frieda came and joined us for a roast beef dinner. It was fun to provide her with something a bit special.

I have used the indoor day to get more on to EBay - I have a holiday in Thailand to pay for in a year's time, so I must get busy.
I put on some more crested china - mostly for Dorking.
It may well end up in the shop, but my section is not best suited to crested china.
Let's see what happens on the world wide web.
I also described some more railway books - very similar to the previous batch I put on. But this lot has found favour with somebody who has bid on 5 of them

I have a box of things ready to take to the shop. Back to the ice cave!
I am assuming that Julie will not make it in, the weather might seem a bit too difficult for her.