Thursday, February 02, 2012

 

Curry pie

Athletics this evening.....sprints in The Tube at Broadbridge Heath.
I look forward to it, but fear it might feel cold in there tonight.
Maybe the cold will deter runners.
Afterwards we will pop into Tescos and see what 10p bargains can be found.

Today's dinner was a bargain - especially as we have eaten only half of it, so the sausages and mash and vegetables of yesterday will have lasted for 3 meals.

This pie had mashed potato on the bottom, then a layer of carrot and swede, next a layer of onions and mushrooms, followed by the sliced beef and ginger sausages and then a layer of green beans, cabbage and broccoli.
I made up a beef stock cube and added 3 teaspoons of Madras curry powder.

Served with a few peas.

It was a success - just another of the meals I have invented.
Can't wait for tomorrow's serving!

I have worked on EBay things again today - more describing. I have nearly 30 books on railways, published by Oakwood Press.  I sorted out 11 of them today. No watchers yet.
The Sussex cricket club ephemera that I listed a couple of days ago all has bids.
A couple of them might seem like silly bids.
But I know that ephemera does sell well, so things might go even higher.

Time to make a cup of tea and get a little something before we venture out into the cold.
I expect I will be the chief once again - though will hang back and see if anybody else volunteers.
Not being chief gives me more time for chatting!