Wednesday, January 11, 2012

 

Some sort of fresh start.

I had made no New Year Resolutions, but somehow this week is providing some aspects of a fresh start.
Today I attacked the shelves in the garage and investigated some boxes.
I now have 3 boxes prepared for when we next do a car boot sale - not until the really warmer weather comes.
There is probably a box full at the shop that should be prepared for a car boot sale too.
And the shelves have been tidied and I can see where everything is much better.
The only downside is that I also have 3 boxes full of all sorts that have never been written up in my stock book.
I can see that much of it is very suitable for sale, so I must look through it all.
This has kept me busy for this afternoon.

This morning, I was happy to share in some small way 2 birthdays.
Our grandson, John is 7 years old today. What a charmer!  I watched and listened as he sang and played on the guitar a Happy Birthday to You.
The family and some friends were off out for a meal at one of the regular haunts in Phuket Town.
Bill and I took a few flowers to his sister, Julie for her birthday.
Her meal out will be on Saturday and Bill and I will join them.

This evening we have dined well on a meal from the 100 calorie cookbook.
It was a turkey and aubergine curry and was delicious - not at all strong but full of flavours.
Of course we had rice with it - not part of the 100 calories. And we ate most of what I cooked, which the book suggests is for 4. But it is a diet book.
I am not calorie counting - far from it.

Tomorrow morning we will go to Ford. We will not be going on Saturday.
I am thinking about where to go afterwards - we should explore places other than Littlehampton!

Now to get settled to enjoy the second part of The Mystery of Edwin Drood.
Yes, Charles Dickens knew how to write a tale! But with this one he has had some assistance - having died before he had completed his story.
I had absolutely no idea what this book was about - having shied away from works which were implied to be good for me.
Perhaps coming to Dickens late in life is not such a bad thing; the more mature mind can pick up on political and social undertones far more easily.