Monday, January 02, 2012

 

Change of plans and clouds.

The day has not been at all like we had thought.
Apart from the fact that we did drive to Dorking.
We arrived at the shop to find chaos. No, nothing dramatic.
Sue and Jonathan and Paul who had designed the beautiful Christmas window had removed everything from it and it was all over the floor, the desk and everywhere.
They had not known that the shop was due to be open today and had come in to work.
It was a very unsuitable place for customers - and the chances are that there would be very few of them anyway. It was yet another Bank Holiday and maybe folks were taking advantage of the sunshine (chilly wind) and were blowing their cobwebs away, walking on the Surrey Hills.
Bill and I very quickly decided that we might as well return home.

This afternoon we went to see Jo - we had all her envelopes with us. Jo had been in the Rocking Horse antiques shop this morning, so ready for the outside world. In fact she says it is far easier out of the house; she doesn't want to be in the house and already wishes she could move out immediately. It doesn't feel like home without Peter.
But she also knows it is not the time for decision making and even if she did want to move on, it would take months.

I have printed my favourite December photos - so the year is complete. Well, not completely because I still have the photos of people that I have chosen to print and in december the people pictures are my favourites.

In searching photos I remembered these cloud pictures that I saved during December.
They show an unusual and fairly rare cloud formation - see in Yorkshire.
They are lenticular clouds.
































These pictures were on a BBC website. I feel quite jealous of the people who saw and photographed them.

Not much other news. I am very happy to have facebook contact with my step grandson in Thailand. He is 16 now - a handsome young man. I can't understand his postings - all in Thai of course. But I can see his pictures. And sometimes we might share a sentence or two in English.