Sunday, January 01, 2012

 

New Year's Day - The last day of our Christmas.

New Years Day. The last day of our Christmas - though we didn't get around to packing up the Christmas tree and taking down the cards.
I would like to think that we have now experienced the worst weather of the year. It has not been pleasant - not a day to be out.
Last New Year's Day (and the one before) we went to a pub to enjoy the Morris Dancing.
I doubt that many people would have braved the rain today.

Today has been a day to begin to feel organised.
Birthdays and anniversaries and appointments are now in the diary/calendar for 2012.
I have sorted out which December photographs I would like to print - lots of people and not much art.
We did go out for a while - like Old Mother Hubbard we had an empty cupboard.
It was not a major shopping trip.

This evening we watched a Harry Potter film.
OK - I confess....I don't get Harry Potter really. I don't think Daniel Radcliffe is a particularly fine actor either.
I can hear your protestations and outrage!
Everybody loves Harry Potter don't they?
It is not that I don't like films. We watched one yesterday evening and I enjoyed it immensely. It was Fried Green Tomatoes. Set in 1930s Alabama it was about relationships of all kinds - not least that between black and white at that time.

Almost all the things on my Things to Do list were completed - including cooking a roast gammon dinner.

And I end with a website that amazed and amused.
It concerns the coast between Fleetwood and Blackpool - familiar territory to us when Ashley and Liz lived there.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-16354575
It is a 40 second video.