Sunday, December 25, 2011

 

Our 4th Day of Christmas.

So, that was Christmas.
It was a good day - but I have regrets that my body was not able to give it 100%.
Briefly then....drive to Wiltshire listening to Ed Stewart's Children's Favourites. Lots of nostalgia and a bit of husky singing.
"I saw a mouse...Where?....There on the stair"
Into Roger and Sue's very welcoming home to join in the pleasurable task of clearing the presents under the tree.
No pictures yet.
Christmas dinner - everything as it should be; turkey and everything. Excellent and much thanks to Sue and her trusty helpers.
Christmas pudding made according to Victorian village recipe - and featured in the village museum.
It was very good indeed along with a dollop of my family's traditional accompaniment, rum butter.
Then back to the Christmas tree - really must clear all those brightly wrapped parcels before tea time.
Time for a game - a game which involves shouting out words against the ticking of a "bomb". Much fun and laughter and a few rude words too.
My voice joined in with the best of them.
Tea table spread with goodies - not actually hungry, of course.
Sue's Christmas Cake was cut - rich and fruity.
By this time I was beginning to wilt and my voice had all but disappeared again.
There was no singing along with the radio on the way home.
Good company, as ever, with family.....and one of the new members of my side of the family charming us all. Does he ever cry or get cross?
OK, I have enjoyed a soothing Lemsip  paracetamol drink.
Time for a long sleep - a long disturbed sleep probably, based on previous nights.
But never mind. I feel one of the very lucky ones in life - mainly because I have life! An interesting and blessed life.