Saturday, December 24, 2011

 

Our 3rd Day of Christmas - Christmas Eve.

I wish I could say this has been a time of jolly japes and mad celebrations.
Poor body doesn't feel up to that sort of thing.
Stephen, in the shop, made a good attempt at a spirited atmoshere. He warmed up some goodies and also some mulled wine. That was good, lubricated my throat very well.
He had his wind up gramophone going to serenade us and the many last minute customers with jolly hits like Frosty the Snowman and his favourite, Eartha Kitt singing Santa Baby. They don't make vamps like Eartha Kitt any more. Kylie makes a good imitation, I guess.......but nothing is like the original.
By the time we closed, at 4 o'clock, I had flagged a lot.
I was ready for home.
The radio was on in the car, of course. I normally sing along with anything that comes on.
I opened my mouth to belt out Dancing Queen .....and not a sound came out.
How very frustrating!
This morning and again this evening I dropped off little gifts to some neighbours.
Just one person was out - Rose will have to wait.
I shall go to bed soon - sleep needed to prepare for the big day.
It looks like I shall not be very spirited tomorrow in Wiltshire - but I will do my best.
Tonight I yearn for a Thai Christmas or an Australian Christmas - picnic on the beach would suit me very well. No coughs and sneezes to spoil things, just sunshine and the wide outdoors.
But never fear, tomorrow will be festive and amongst family.