Friday, December 23, 2011

 

Second day of Christmas.

Tis the second day of our Christmas.
Not really a very nice day. Weather grew increasingly awful and my health went down the same route.
Bug slipping slowly down from nasal cavities, to throat, to chest. I have an apology for a voice and zilch energy.
I needed a day of nothingness and that is what I had.
Bill got the boxes of Christmas decorations down - loads and loads of them.
But we decided to use hardly more than the little wooden tree, hung with little wooden toys.
The glass ornaments we made last December at a National Trust craft day are up alongside the little he and she snowman heads which we have hung up every Christmas since 1965 (our first). We also have the naff snowman head with the fibre optic tree growing out of his hat - no, he's not naff! I love him. We bought him many years ago, reduced to half price one Christmas Eve.
There will be pictures.
But not today.
I also put the cards up on display around the fibre optic tree.
The tables have been cleared of things dumped on them over the last few weeks.
We now have just tomorrow morning to wrap the gifts for Sunday and take round the little things to the neighbours.
Tomorrow afternoon we will be helping in the shop.
Time for some more fruity tea - should have bought lemons for fruity tea. But I don't think I want to battle round a supermarket tomorrow just for lemons.
Hope others are also struck down by their own bugs are coping and soon will feel better.