Thursday, December 22, 2011

 

The first day of Christmas.

We've had a Christmas dinner today.
We took Bill's cousin Ann out. I was thrilled that she agreed to come, because last time we were with her I was worried about her health. She had severe pain and nausea and couldn't eat.
She still has the pain - but now has her sparkle back.
We have been, with Ann, to Oxted Wetherspoons a couple of times before. It suits the 3 of us. Of course today - 3 days to Christmas it was suiting very many people. It was crowded and noisy with people happily celebrating.

Lighting was difficult to handle. The low winter sun flooded through the window.

Cousins, Ann and Bill.










I like this study of Ann - even if it does portray her as a serious drinker, which she is not.
















This woman, however, seems to like a tipple.
Well, if a pint of Guinness is part of the meal deal, then a pint is what I shall have.














Hands and the golden nectar.















Dinner has arrived.



















We certainly didn't need Christmas pudding after this lot.
We went back to Ann's for a cup of tea.

This was a front garden in Ann's road.

This evening we have been gladdened by a visit from Bill's brother, Michael. We haven't seen much of him this year.

Sadly I am less gladdened by my health. The throaty chesty cough is dragging me down. My voice is now croaky.
I need rest - not sure when I'll get it.