Thursday, December 29, 2011

 

Boxing Day family gathering.

This is a blog posting to entertain only a few.
On Boxing Day I took photographs of the people we were with - my cousins and their families.
I took the pictures, portraits, as we sat and talked.
Bill took the first one.....
Me and my cousin Alison.

My cousin, Chris. Chris has 3 children from his first marriage. He was widowed whilst still a young father.















My cousin Rod and his new puppy, Boo.
Rod has one son.

My information now is that the offspring of my cousins are first cousins, once removed.































Chris's 2 sons, Robert on the left and David on the right.
David is holding his son Oscar - 1st cousin twice removed.
Robert will become a father in 2012.


Chris's daughter, Caroline.
She finished university last summer.
Now working, but waiting for the dream job to come along.












These three get their colouring from their mother, who came from The Phillipines.


Alex, son of cousin Rod.
He has been in the navy. Now works for a boat chandlery and is a lifeboat man.
No wonder I have developed a soft spot for the lifeboat charity!































I do hope Caroline will not be cross with her first cousin once removed in law (that's Bill) for enjoying this picture!











Now we move to the wives of Robert and David.


Lucy, wife of  David. Mother of Oscar.               Jenna, wife of Robert.  She
                                                                                announced her pregancy on
                                                                                that day.

Now we come to people only very tenuously linked with my family tree.
Chris has a new partner.

Beverley was originally from Sierra Leone.
She has 2 sons, Ivor and Julian.
Beverley is a primary school teacher, so we had lots in common.














Julian and  his wife, Miranda.


I came home and realised I had not got a photograph of Ivor. Tall, dark and elegant! Shame I missed him.

Now, at least, some other family members may be able to put all these people into place.
By the way family, Alison would love to be on facebook with you and I know she will contact you, where appropriate, when time allows.

Labels: