Tuesday, January 10, 2012

 

Pilgrims Antiques Centre Dorking. My section.

I understand now just why I took no photographs of my section at the shop last Tuesday.
I normally do when I have re-arranged things.
I realised, today, when I set about putting weekend acquisitions on the shelves that I needed to some further adjustments. What I did last week just didn't work for me.
It seems to have worked for the customers though. This time of year can be abysmal for selling, but I feel I have done rather well. I sold 17 things in the last 7 days.
It has been a pleasant and relaxed day - just what Jo needed. She also managed to get some re-arranging done and a little new stock in.
We have laughed and talked shop a lot.
We have also talked of the trials of widowhood - from not having enough concentration to watch TV to understanding pensions.
I was very glad for Jo when she admitted at the end of the day she had wondered if she would manage a whole day. Yesterday she had done half a day in her other shop and at lunchtime couldn't wait to leave and get home. Today we have provided the background for her to cope.
Now for a few glimpses of the "new" section - some of the stock might look familiar! This afternoon I went through my books and wrote new labels for things I have had for over a year - down to about what I paid for them.







































The cook book dates from 1898.
The "Clarice Cliffe" sugar shaker.....well, isn't!
Isn't Clarice Cliffe!
It is a cheap, modern item in the style of Clarice.
I bought it this morning from Iris. Iris is in her 80s. She is enjoying playing the game of bringing treasures to the shop.
I like to help her play the game - and she brings us cake!








Pictures of Jo.
She has a red glow in the picture on the left because we have a heater suspended from the ceiling which emits a powerful red glow. Bill thinks it gives him a head ache.

And if you have ever heard me grumble about how chilly it is at the back of the shop - then rest assured that I had a warm jacket, which I removed just for the photo.

Now quickly, make a cup of tea and watch The Mystery of Edwin Drood. I might as well allow the BBC to educate me, at last, on the merits and tales of Dickens.

Labels: