Friday, January 06, 2012

 

Working day and dyeing hair day.

Sunshine all day.
But for me, it has been an at home working day.
Thank goodness that tomorrow also promises sunshine - on a day out working day.
I have described 18 more books today. They will be listed tomorrow on EBay.
They were all non fiction and most interested me, so I hope they will be of interest to others.
A dozen of them I have started off a cheaply as possible - under a pound. It is not because I think they are worthless. It is just that these books were originally photographed for EBay last August. I was going to be so diligent before we went to Thailand and planned to have them all described and ready to go on our return.
But that didn't happen.
I am now just so wanting to see that box emptied and gone. If the books sell for only 99p I shall be happy and maybe some will go higher.
So what have I learned today? I always learn something new from the books I want to sell.
I learned today that the area around Gloucester and Cheltenham was a prime tobacco growing area in the 17th century - around the time of the English Civil War.
I am sure other miscellaneous facts have sunk into my brain along with this one.
I had another task in mind too....to re-dye my hair.
I haven't done it for 4 months, so there was a stripe of dark grey either side of my parting.
I had been gradually lightening it over the last couple of years.
But I couldn't be bothered to go and buy a new kit, when I already had one here. Trouble is the kit I had was for darker hair.
I am not sure if it was a wise move.
Or maybe I just don't like either of these pictures very much.
















Maybe Bill can take some more pictures tomorrow - outdoors with the sun on my face.
Hooray!
We are going to Ford in the morning.
Let's get back to business.