Thursday, January 05, 2012

 

Work and play.

Not a bad day once again  - once the heavy early morning rain had cleared.
But no walks today.
I was determined to get the EBay habit back again.
This morning I photographed a dozen items and sorted them out ready for sale, calculated postage costs etc.
But the morning slipped away.....and most of the afternoon too.
I had a lovely chat with Jessica, slurping  vegetable soup from a bowl as she sat by the computer.
I played Boggle/Wordsplay at lunch time - not particularly well.
Jo came round and chatted for a while. She is numb, doesn't really know if she is coming or going - but at least the world of buying and selling is something to hang onto. She went to an auction viewing last Saturday and left written bids and now has 8 lots to collect.
We popped out to collect medications and to do a small Lidl shop - their ham, spicy salami sausages are just the best.
I was taken into a small room by our pharmacist, where he interviewed me.
He is new and he feels that people on regular prescriptions sometimes are not aware of what they are taking or why.
"Because the doctor said so" is one of the reasons people have for taking medication.
He is making sure that people do know, maybe advising some to see the doctor.
I do know what I am taking and all the reasons and what to look out for.
I didn't tell the pharmacist that we were close to transferring to a nearer pharmacy - opposite our house.
But his interest has worked to his benefit - for now I feel I really do have my own pharmacist and that he will keep an eye on all I am taking.
I got home, made some tea, chatted to Ashley and was on the point of idling until dinner time. So easy to do!
But then some self discipline seeped through and I described 6 of the things I had sorted this morning for EBay and also re-listed 6 more.
Still waiting after 3 hours for a first sniff of interest.
I love the books I sell and pick up all sorts of bits and pieces of knowledge.
Where was the world's first public railway?
I know now that it was close to our back yard.

That's right - from Wandsworth to Merstham in Surrey.
It is not there now.
Actually this is one that wasn't described today - must get it listed on Saturday.












Time now for a cup of tea. Maybe if I went to bed earlier, I might rise in the morning a bit earlier. We'll see.