Monday, January 09, 2012

 

Monday at home.

Today felt more like the new year than last Monday. We were all still entrapped by Bank Holidays, celebrations and also bad weather.
Today I actually hung the washing out - it didn't dry completely, but the luscious scent of fresh air is a bonus.
And today I looked through recipe books. I bought 2 on Saturday in a Littlehampton charity shop.
The  one I am using this week, unbelievably, provides meals at less than 100 calories per serving.
I think you would need to be a very dedicated dieter to eat such small meals.
Today I made fish cakes - sweet potato and tuna, with spring onions, lemon and coriander.
They were actually very good. I will certainly make them again.
The book said that 1 fish cake and some green beans would provide 99 calories. Well, of course, Bill and I had 2 fish cakes each and I also cooked some small boiled potatoes. Bill didn't need to put dollops of Utterly Butterly over his potatoes!
But it was still a tasty low calorie meal.
We will probably undo the good effects by having half a Christmas cake with a cuppa. We  bought 2 small cakes from a seller at Ford before Christmas.
We still have one left.
I have written up all my purchases from the weekend. They are packed in a box to take to the shop tomorrow.
A lovely pottery vase needed researching. I wondered if it had been made by a skilled amateur. But the name on the base shows it to be from the hands of a studio potter in Denmark.
I hope we sell better in the shop tomorrow, than Monika and Mick did today - just 2 items sold, and one of them was mine.
Well the thought of that small piece of Christmas cake is tempting me - time to put the kettle on.