Wednesday, July 06, 2011

 

Highs and lows of an evening

An evening of 2 halves - one, a wonderful high and the other was a bit of a kick in the teeth.

We had just sat down to watch Emmerdale when the doorbell rang - oh bother!
No, no - not a bother at all!
It was Dee!
I haven't seen her for ages - suddenly far, far too long.
She is a dear friend and I should treasure her - even though she now lives so far away.
The last time we met, I think, she was visiting me after my surgery.
She is back and forth right now to spend time with her father who has had the same surgery - though his has been followed up with chemotherapy.

When she had gone I checked emails and there was one from a Monk family member, full of bitterness and obviously feeling very isolated. It had been sent to any Monk email addresses that the sender happened to have.  I could understand the feelings expressed and I hope my reply might help to diffuse the situation.

This morning I saw the nurse - just a very general check up. They do want a urine sample and I managed to persuade her that I would like it tested for possible infection as well. So I will have two pots to fill.

This afternoon I decribed some more for ebay - anybody want to buy a vintage full length bra? I have 2 for sale. No watchers yet.
Bill wondered why I was bothering with a deep blue glass eyebath on EBay - but that has a bid already.
That's about it - rather disjointed I fear.
Must get on.
We are going to Ford tomorrow.