Monday, June 27, 2011

 

The Monday heatwave

Is that it then?
The dreaded heatwave is past.
The effects are not yet completely past though - it seems that 24 hours of heat have brought much of the London train system to a halt this evening.
Crazy!
Does this happen in Bangkok? I think not.

I guess I have hardly noticed the heatwave - sadly.
I was in the shop all day - a place that people entered and commented on the cool temperature.
But sadly, this afternoon not very many people entered the shop.
I blame Andy Murray!
He was playing tennis at Wimbledon - and won convincingly.
Or maybe people were sunbathing or relaxing in cool homes.
There was not one sale today after about midday.
That's not exactly true because Emma came in towards the end of the day and bought a pair of my 1950s curtains, which I took in this morning.
Thank you Emma - I hope you do well with them.

Bill was not in the shop all day. He took my parcels to the post office this morning.
And he went out to lunch.
Monika had needed to change days this week and Stephen came in - an excuse for a boy's lunch at the pub, with a pint of beer.

This evening I am at the computer with tennis from Wimbledon on at the same time - I am enjoying the match bewteen Nadal and Del Potro.
A hard fought game - rather like chess for very fit people who can run around and hit balls very hard.
But at 9 o'clock in the evening - the last game could be about to begin.
The wondrous Nadal should be the victor.