Friday, June 24, 2011

 

Phew!

Modern technology – phew!

I am sitting writing my blog and also watching Andy Murray playing tennis at Wimbledon all on the same machine.
What a treasure chest of communication I have here at my finger tips.

The day has not provided many other phew” moments.
We went to Asda to get a bit of shopping before breakfast this morning. We were low on milk and Bill would need a fresh supply for his cereal bowl.
It is a good time to shop – very few other shoppers and a load of bargains in the “use by date” bay.
One of the things bought cheaply was a chicken joint which we enjoyed this evening.

This afternoon I watched tennis and did ironing at the same time.
Sometimes I can feel very weary whilst ironing – but maybe the tennis eased things for me.
Tennis is not stress free with Andy Murray playing – sublime for a while and then abysmal!
We British are used to this tension aren’t we?
It still looks like he ought to win.

I have had other sporting thoughts today. I had checked out the availability of Olympic tickets in this second offering.
I could have tried for athletics tickets still. There were tickets available at 6 o’clock this morning for a few of the morning sessions – just heats, not finals.
These are obviously cheaper than tickets for the 100 metres final – but still quite expensive for 3 hours watching a few races.
In the end I decided not to try and get any tickets. I wanted the main stadium and I didn’t really want any of the other available sports.
I will try again for Paralympic seats.

Providing the overnight rain has eased off (as promised) we will go to Ford once again in the morning.

…..It seems less certain that Murray will win now! Our tennis players sure know how to keep the public on the edge of their seats.!

.....Phew! Murray lives on to play tennis next week at Wimbledon!

Goodnight.