Monday, June 20, 2011

 

PIlgrims Antiques Centre Dorking - Paula's section.

I did it! I rearranged all my things at the shop. The 1950s chairs are in place and the bread bin which I bought on Saturday.
I wonder why so much had to be moved to incorporate 2 chairs and a bread bin!
























Here is a closer look at the chairs........
This view shows how I started moving things - I wanted the 1950s/60s red shelf to be the background for the chairs.

And here is the bread bin.....with as selection of kitchen items which loosely match in colour.

I have always liked to create displays which show similar items and colours together.
Here we are, back in the kitchen in blues and greens.

My kitchen section had been somewhat decimated this week.
There have been sales.
I went in this morning planning to remove a bread bin, plain white which I have had for ages.  I wanted to create space for the more interesting bread bin.
The white one sold last Wednesday.
In addition, Sue, our window display creator has created a kitchen to attract the passers by - with lots of my stuff.

I moved the blacks and yellows to the shelf in front of the little window.




























Not everything from the 1950s and 60s was in bright colours - here is a selection of more muted tones.

I have a section for Mr Collector.
Today I sold from that section - 2 books of cigarette cards and an old map.
Bill sold 3 model cars from his section.





















I forgot to take a picture of my Mother and Child section.
Maybe I will do it tomorrow.
Yes, we have to return because I left my handbag in the shop.
This forgetting things is catching - everybody has been doing it lately.

Never mind, the weather looks reasonably promising and perhaps we can enjoy a day out.

So, yes - I did it.
And Andy Murray has just done it.....won his first match at Wimbledon.

Labels: