Sunday, June 26, 2011

 

Sunday dinner.

Today has felt like many little days all rolled into one long day.

I was up at 6 o'clock - peered through the curtains.......what was this? Fog????
Bill decided to stay coccooned under the duvet, so I went to Pease Pottage on my own.
No car boot sale is a complete waste of time - there are always little treasures to be found, but Pease Pottage is not really the best one for me.
At Ford I tend to grumble a little about some of the prices charged by some of the dealers - but at least I see some interesting stuff.
At Pease Pottage, there are so many people trying to sell last year's must have items that had no value or merit in the first place, although it looks clean and bright.
The price doesn't matter to me - I wouldn't part with 5p for much that I see.
I spent £23 on some things which I hope will make some profit.

Despite the fog, it was warm and I met up with Jo and we strolled the aisles together for a while.

At home I got myself some breakfast and then set to work preparing a meal for Roger and Sue.
I always like to have everything done before guests arrive, where possible.
It was a tasty meal - a chicken and sausage casserole in honey and mustard.

By lunch time the fog had long dispersed and the promised heat wave had arrived.
It would be lovely if it could be a real heatwave - but it looks like high temperatures will be with us for only about 36 hours!
It hardly seems worth going to the trouble of opening up a health advice line on how to cope in the heat!
I know how to cope anyway - enjoy it and relax!
It feels so good now - a proper summer's evening, like we have not really enjoyed yet this year.
Still light of course until about 10 o'clock and warm enough to have the doors and windows open.

Roger and Sue had to get back home this afternoon, leaving me time to deal with ebay sales  - I sat and wrapped for quite a while. There were no amazing sales today really - unless you count over £9 for a small 50 year old booklet about Ryde on the Isle of Wight.

Most of my little task have been completed - though I have not yet written up any of this weekend's purchases. They are not strewn all over the dining room table, though. We needed that for our lunch today.
I will pack up some of the things and take them to the shop in the morning and deal with them there.

Tomorrow - the heatwave will continue. Wonder what that will do to potential customers. Be aware, customers, the shop is like a cave and feels cool, even in the summer.