Thursday, June 30, 2011

 

Busy bees - or other insects.

At about quarter to eight I was wondering if I should have persuaded Bill to get up a bit earlier this morning.
We were at Ford and almost at the back of the queue of cars waiting to drive in to the boot sale site to set up stalls.
Once in there was the usual rush and chaos - do we unload more from the car or talk to people already buying?
It is a real adrenalin rush and the buying was quite frantic for a while.
There were no photos until it was almost time to be thinking about packing up.





























The table looks full - but much has been spread out.
We put most of what you see into a box for the hospice shop.
The cutlery set and a few other bits will fight another day in the shop or on EBay.
I found that other people also have a passion for table cloths and bed spreads - almost all those things cleared out of our airing cupboard recently are already in new homes.






























Of course I wandered off to see what I could buy.
The boot sale was huge - almost as busy as the busiest Saturday.
But I do find it hard to be both a seller and a buyer.....as I rushed round the stalls, I was constantly thinking I should be back at our stall.
I had a quick look at the clothes hanging up at the next stall - but bought nothing there.
I did buy a Laura Ashley dress and a Monsoon blouse/jacket for a pound each. Even if I find they don't suit me, I know I could sell these very easily on EBay.


Whilst I scurried round the stalls, Bill found a bit of time for cloud watching.

We packed up the tables and our remaining unsold items and made our way to the river in Littlehampton for some lunch.






























This was the view from our table through the open door.

We walked a little by the beach and then came home to sort out the takings and for me to cross off items of stock which are now gone. That took ages - as I watched the second of the women's semi final tennis matches from Wimbledon.
We took less money than last time - but then we had less stuff.
We were very happy to put £220 back in our coffers.

Tonight I am itching like mad - have taken an antihistamine.
There is a strange coincidence itch too.
Yesterday morning Bill mentioned a sore spot on his leg which both hurt and itched.
By the evening I had one too - in almost the exact same spot and also on the right leg.
I don't know what attacked us - but it was not just a mosquito. The area is more than just tender - it is painful and Bill's is sort of seeping down his leg under the skin.
Nasty little insect!