Monday, November 22, 2010

 

Busy time.

Regular browsers of my ramblings will have surmised, correctly, that life has got in the way of blogging.

And life has tired me out. So this will be brief and I will do better tomorrow.

Yesterday morning we had a worthwhile trip to Dorking car boot sale. The first purchase dealt with "stir up Sunday" - I bought a Harvey Nicholls large Christmas pudding for £1.50. This shows I just can't resist a bargain, for we don't actually eat Christmas pudding in any quantity and I already have an old one in the cupboard.
It was a food morning. A woman was selling things from some abandoned health food shop (I guess) and I bought up quite a bit of gluten free products at 50p a time.
Then we bought something that only 2 days before had been well recommended to us and that were actually going to buy new. I had muttered on facebook that I might consider paying somebody to clean the oven. Maggie replied that her little penguin portable steam cleaner is a real boon on ovens long overdue for a clean, and also for other things too.
We can now try this idea for the outlay of just £5. We bought it from Michael - the one who was going to do our kitchen floor until various family problems got in the way. Michael assured us that he had checked it all out - and if for some inexplicable reason we had any problems then we could return it to him.
I also bought stock of course.

The rest of the day we spent surrounded by cardboard, padded envelopes, brown paper and sellotape.
There were 30 items due to finish on EBay - and 30 items had bids.
I then dealt with invoices and payments and addressing parcels.

Time ran away with me - and I didn't even have time to wash my hair before we went out for the evening.
It was a lovely evening with 5 of Bill's brothers and sisters and spouses and our lovely nephew, Antony. We were celebrating Jane and Geoff's Ruby wedding anniversary.
It was a happy time with much laughter - amongst all our grumbles of old age and frailties of health!
I enjoyed 3 glasses of wine - more than I have drunk in one go for very many years. Very relaxing and soothing.
We didn't get home until half past midnight.
I hope there might be a picture or two to share with you tomorrow.

I was up early - not quite as early as I had planned, so that I could deal with more payments that had come in.
We had 24 items to take to the post office before we went to Dorking.
I still didn't have time to wash my hair! I wore a hat all day to cover up the lank locks.

It was an enjoyable day at the shop - but we sold very, very little today. I should think it felt too cold for most people to want to be out.

Tomorrow must be a rest day - but as decent sunshine is promised maybe we could walk at Tilgate or Buchan Park for an hour or so.
Time now to take a cup of tea to bed and then snuggle down and sleep.