Tuesday, November 16, 2010

 

Tuesday 16th Nov. At home. Thoughts of North Wales and Phuket.

Funny day really - and no doubt we should have made more of it.
There was good clear sunshine today.

But we have pottered at home - mostly.

Bill has been for an appointment with the osteopath. This upset the routine. He was phoned to ask him to arrive an hour later - the man had been stuck in stationary traffic on the M25 for ages and therefore would be late.

Another bother is my Vitamin D injections.
The stuff is difficult to get.
I took the prescription in to the pharmacy next to our medical centre.
They rang me this morning to say that their warehouse has no supplies of it.
So, tomorrow I shall have to go over there and collect the prescription; then take it to Boots in the The Mall. Dr Oliver was more hopeful that Boots might be able to get it.

And then came the news of the Royal Wedding.
Why do I care?
But, I have to admit that I do care.
Maybe others don't.
There have been very few comments about it amongst family and friends on facebook - well, one actually. And then I think back to last weekend to the fun of many facebook conversations about Strictly and X Factor - just the sort of chat and banter that would be going on if all these friends were actually in a room together.
So that proves it then - we all care about TV fairy stories more than royal fairy stories!
I did look for William and Kate as we drove through Valley recently - but didn't catch a glimpse of them. Though Will might have been piloting the rescue helicopter that Bill photographed at South Stack.

I rarely start advertising products - but I will recommend some soup.
Asda had a range of soups made by Glorious Foods - recipes taken from all round the world. The Sunny Thai soup we had at lunchtime was fab - full of chicken and chick peas etc etc, it was thick and full of flavour.

I described 6 items this afternoon. Bill photographed 36 more - so I have plenty to describe in the next couple of weeks.
I don't match Ashley's endeavours though - he has hundreds on Ebay at a time.
And today, apparently the bill for postage of parcels was over £100. Just as well the buyer pays.

This evening I have been chatting with a complete stranger - a man from Dubai!
He came onto Facebook chat - and it looked like it was Ann, who we met in Phuket in September.
But this guy is her man friend.
He is in Phuket right now - maybe hoping to get some diving work.
I don't know what he was doing up at 4 in the morning.

And here are just a few photos taken whilst we were in North Wales.


This was after we had had a cup of tea on arrival.
Jacob (on the left) and Isaac are not normally so bold - at least not with strangers. Ashley only has to walk into a room and he is jumped on!


Ecky loves her Nintendo DS.
She has a pokemon game to play.



And here she models a top that Mam had bought for her in Phuket Town.
I think Mam will see how much she loves it.
Such a shame that Ecky went all awkward and wouldn't type a message of thanks on Skype.



Right - time for a cuppa.
I am thirsty today. I have drunk a litre of tonic water this evening.

Labels: ,