Wednesday, November 10, 2010

 

Takua Pa. Friday 1st October.

There were many pictures taken whilst we in the Khao Sok National Park.
I had them ready to blog - but I realised that I had done a blog about the time there when we got back to Jamie and Mam's house.
http://grandma-p-ramblings.blogspot.com/2010/10/khao-sok.html
So, it would be possible for you to see some more.

I decided that I really must move on through the Thai experience.

So today I am showing Takua Pa, the old town; we stopped there for a while on our way back from Khao Sok to Phuket.
Takua Pa has many of the same characteristics as old Phuket Town, but is much smaller and quiet and friendly.


The vegetarian festival was fast approaching, so Chinese shrines were focal points in communities.


Detail of the embroidery above the entrance.


School was out - children were off home for some lunch or.......


....maybe to set up position in the internet cafe.


For some reason we spent a while at the hardware store - well, they are often very interesting.
On a table outside the entrance were some second hand tools and Jessica convinced herself that she must have the extendable steel ruler.
Mr Hardware Man seems quite amused!

I was tempted by the old Brasso tin - presumably still full of Brasso.


Ropes and brushes on the sliding metal door.


A truck is for transporting things - right?
Well, sensible then to pile it high and only make the one journey!
Honestly, the truck had lots more on it by the time we left.

Perhaps that truck owner will need a trip to the motor spares shop later in the day.


We noticed covered walkways like these in Phuket Town.


Did somebody remove a house?


We have an affinity with anybody who lives in 119.



Two little urchins!
Wondering what on earth was so exciting the adults!




Lanterns decorating the streets for the vegetarian festival.


Is this house beyond repair?
I hope not and I hope the roof is treasured.

In a shop where we bought some bottles of drink I found old tins.
Lovely!

Hacks - to be found still in both the UK and Thailand.


Street seller.


Old homes.
I love walking round old towns and villages with a camera to record details my eyes have spotted.

Labels: