Friday, November 12, 2010

 

Fruits, Ebay, medical matters.

There has been discussion about fruit.

Brother, Roger had a market stall picture taken during his half term holiday in France. (see below).
The market stall holder has, I think, got muddled.
The box of fruit contains figs, for sure.
And the other fruits are pomegranates I am certain.
I like the taste of pomegranates, but agree with Sue that they are fiddly to eat for not much fruity taste.
Pomegranates are very much an "in" food just now.
I had not heard of kaki - which is what the stall holder claims these fruits to be. A little research was called for and pictures found on the net showed me that a kaki is very different - shiny orange colour, with the remains of leaf attached.
I thought they were a bit like a sharon fruit - haven't had one of those in ages.




And after complete ignorance about kakis, I found myself with the opportunity to try one.
They were being sold in Lidl at 50p a time.


Here is my kaki on a 7" tea plate. It is bigger than a sharon fruit.
It feels quite hard. Perhaps I should investigate the best method for eating it.
I also bought a pomolo, which I love.

Apart from new fruits, today has been a day for re-establishing some routine.
I have sold nothing on EBay for 3 months.
Today I had my first 6 items finishing and I sold 3 of them - pieces of crested china.
There were two people very keen to get the china book with the Egham crest on it. The winning bid was way over the top, I thought.
A tea pot with a transfer print of the Horsham bandstand also sold - to somebody I know. Nick is part of the family who ran the Horsham Antiques Centre, which I was part of for a while.
The 3 parcels will be posted tomorrow morning.

I saw Dr Oliver this morning. He reassured me that having mild hydronephrosis is not a problem - many people have it for a variety of reasons and normally would not know of it.
We also discussed the parathyroid problems.
I think it is my fault that too long has passed since I had a vitamin D injection. I have only had one - and I should have one every 6 months.
I was confused and had asked about a calcium injection, only to be told that I was not down for one of those.
The Vitamin D is now on order and when the pharmacy have it I shall arrange to see the nurse.
Dr O and I talked about Thailand - he loves it too.
He agreed that, at least whilst I was there I would have been getting increased vitamin D. Maybe that is one of the reasons I felt so well there, and one of the reasons why I have felt rough for much of this summer and autumn at home has been the lack of good sunlight.

This afternoon I finally cleared the dining room table. It has all been written up and is ready for selling.
Let us hope I sell tomorrow - Bill and I are doing some extra time in the shop.

Scroll down for family snapshots at The Beach Bar, Thailand.

Labels: