Monday, November 15, 2010

 

The Phuket Butterfly Garden

Phuket Butterfly Garden.
Wonderful butterflies of course and much, much more.
It is a museum and research centre which focuses on all manner of insects, including a new section on silk worms.
Most of these pictures were taken by Bill - he is so good at this sort of thing.
I'll own up to mine as we go.
These photos have already been seen by most family and friends, for they were posted on facebook a little while ago. But now I put them to bed for posterity on my blog.



This is mine, and is out of focus. I have included it in the blog so that you can see how well laid out and colourful is the museum and how it automatically creates interest for the visitor.
There are specimens of all kinds in the domed display cases.


Arrrrrgh!!!! I can here cousin Alison screech "I thought you said this was a beautiful butterfly garden!
I took this one.


Bill was more fascinated by the scorpion.
Now - wall to wall butterflies and us.
I don't know the names of the butterflies.


Bill.


Paula.


Bill.
We all loved this type of butterfly and spent a lot of time tracking them. They flitted and flew and rarely settled for long enough.
Bill
The garden is a lovely place to walk and look at flowers.
It has netting across the top of course - can't let the little beauties fly away.


Paula.
Keep still. Jamie wants your picture!


Jamie.


Jamie. The flower in Jessica'a hair attracted one to her.


Bill.
It is on my shoulder.


Paula.


Paula

Bill.


Bill


Bill


Bill


Bill


Bill


Bill.
Fantastic photo, I think.


Jamie took this one of John.

And Jamie took this one of Jessica. I can't remember exactly where she was at this time.
Bill and I were still out butterfly chasing.

Labels: ,