Sunday, November 14, 2010

 

Sunday at home.

After due consideration I feel the act that performed best on the XFactor show tonight was Take That!
Take That get my vote!

It is almost bed time and I guess we have almost achieved what we hoped to do today.
The weather forecast had been for poor weather early on, so we shut our minds to going to a boot sale.
In the event the rain was a bit later than expected.

We have put much of what we have prepared to sell at a car boot sale into Frieda's garage next door.
We had a chair stored in there since the summer. I had got all high and mighty and demanded that the dark blue leather chair go.
But I kept feeling that maybe it is the most comfortable for Bill, who has lots of aches and pains just now.
So it has returned.

I was not short of boot sale buys to sort out. Things I had bought at the beginning of September, before we went to Thailand had been dumped into boxes and ignored.
Most of it is now organised.
The ventriloquist's dummy still sits alongside me though - and other bits.

The garage now looks less cluttered and I feel like I am very nearly on top of everything.
I had 6 books ready to sell on EBay this afternoon and they all sold.
One is going to Canada - the £3.50 book has to be wrapped in card, then bubble wrap and then more card.
I did explain that my normal method is over and above what many people do and we have always received compliments for our attention to wrapping detail.
But no - this book got the 5* treatment.

I do still have some Thailand and some Wales pictures to share - but they will have to wait until I have more time and energy.
I can give you a link to a French TV station (in English), in which Jamie talks about the Thai Vegetarian Festival.
http://www.france24.com/en/20101106-observers-show-mentawai-tsunami-vegetarian-festival-thailand-benin-floods
It is very short.
If you don't want to listen and see the other little bits, then slide the timer slider along to 3 minutes and 18 seconds.
Then Jamie starts to talk - for a minute or so. Pictures shown are his too.