Friday, October 22, 2010

 

Photography at the weekend market. Phuket.

In the early evening Bill, Jamie, Simon and I went to the weekend market with our cameras - don't think we needed to take any money!

Each of us have a set of photos. Today you have the market as seen by me.



And OK - you have seen rambutans before.
But aren't they beautiful?
Taste good too.


The previous week we had bought shirts at the market - white cotton.
I would never wear one like this - indeed I am not sure what sort of person it could ever look good on.


Ah! Dinner cooking!
The fish cakes looked really scrummy.


A good accompaniment would be spiral potatoes.


Roast chicken?
They look quite big for a Thai chicken.
Very few people have ovens in their kitchens so I guess there would even more of a demand for ready cooked chickens than there is in the UK.

Now who is demanding these? Not many left!
Duck's necks with beaks.


A general view of the market at dusk.


Lovely juicy oranges.


Buying snacks.


Eating snacks.


Silk flowers.


Why didn't I buy this set?
I love old enamel.
I sell lots of it in my kitchen section in the Dorking shop.
Maybe I would have felt sad to sell a holiday souvenir. Maybe I didn't really think it would be of use at home.

Three photographers pause at a stall.


Artist at work.


Fabrics.
After a while we were tired and ready for food - but the skies were very dark and threatening.
Some heavy rain began to fall.
Jamie chivvied us to get back to the car quickly - he feared that there would suddenly be much traffic on the move.
So, I never got to eat the fish cakes and potato spirals.
And the rain lasted only for a very short while actually.
Dinner back on the Kathu Waterfall Road.

Labels: