Thursday, October 21, 2010

 

Brighton Marina - Wetherspoons and boats.

Yesterday, like today, was a lovely sunny day.
After a cold start, the sun shone through and skies were blue.
Of course it was not the hot sun of Thailand - not in October after a frosty night.
But it was lovely.
The air was so crisp and clean - you could positively feel, smell and taste the wonderful air.

It was the day to the week's shopping - a trip to Asda.
But we decided to turn it into something a bit different and chose to go to Asda at Brighton Marina.
The drive was lovely and Brighton sea front looked superb. I love Brighton - lots of interesting details. We spent more than usual - but it will keep us going for a couple of weeks.

Then we had some lunch.
Gammon, eggs and chips in Wetherspoons.
I love the way that building has been done - lots more interesting than the one at Littlehampton.


It is in a wonderful situation.


This was our view from our table.
It was really warm behind the window.

Bill got our drinks - cider for him and a refreshing apple and mango J2O for me.

The interior has a medieval theme.


I couldn't resist it! A picture in the "lady's rest room"
I like all the wood and the big butler's sinks and lovely lamps.
When I got back from the loo Bill was in such friendly conversation with the couple a the next table, I assumed that he must have known one of them already.
But no - just complete strangers sharing their life stories.

Lovely old corner cupboard.


The bar.
And yes, that really is a little Christmas tree in the foreground!
It was not so much a Christmas decoration as a focal point for their Christmas activities, which one might like to book up for.


The wall by our table. I like the use of medieval style nick nacks.


Bill at our table.


Tiles - I like old tiles. I have no idea if these are really old, but Wetherspoons do have a policy of using reclaimed items.


Old church pew.


People sitting outside for their drinks.


Marina.


Mast reflections.


Enjoying the afternoon sunshine - but yes, I was glad of my coat.


Walking back to the car park.
Now scroll down to see 3 more postings which cover Saturday 25th September - the day Simon joined us in Phuket.

Labels: