Friday, October 15, 2010

 

Jessica's sandwich and my stir fried sweet chilli beef.

Today has been a grey day - drizzly too, this morning.

Our main effort for the day was to clear and tidy the wardrobe.
I always have too many clothes.....no, I am not extravagant and nor do I spend any time in clothes shops.
I can buy everything I need at car boot sales at 50p or a pound. But I do sometimes buy things that don't work for me.
It is hard to pass things by when they are being sold so cheaply.
I guess that is how Bill managed to have 26 shirts hanging in the wardrobe. Just think the total cost to us of all those shirts would be less than one shirt in Marks and Spencers.
I found it hard work, lots of bending and stretching.
By the time we had 3 black plastic bags filled I was feeling many of the symptoms that have plagued me for the last week .
I needed a rest.

This afternoon we took the unwanted clothes to the hospice shop.
Then did a little food shopping in Asda.
I wanted some things to accompany the beef steak which I had taken from the freezer that morning. It had been bought in August from the shelf in Asda of things at their sell by date.
Even our food has to be a bargain!

Today's photos are about food.
I like to make a series of pictures which tell a story.
This is the story of Jessica's breakfast on the first day of the holiday.


She fancied a ham and cheese sandwich.

That's the cheese in place.




Now for the ham.

What shape shall I cut them in today?
I told her that when Ecky was a younger I would cut her sandwiches into shapes which would make a little picture.
"How do you mean, Nannie?"

Creating a tree shape.
Do note the economy Tesco tissues.
I guess the world has shrunk so much that whatever one's race, colour or creed we all use Tesco economy items!

Now for some sunshine.




Jessica and her tree sandwich.


Now let's eat!

I mentioned earlier that I needed some bits to make a meal with some beef.
It was a sweet chilli beef dish, which of course I made up as I went along.
I used red onions, mushrooms, green pepper, mango chutney, oyster sauce, mustard, cashew nuts and of course the beef, which was sold having been marinaded in sweet chilli.



It was very tasty - looks rather like a Thai meal doesn't it?
I have spent more time sorting photos and enjoying the nearly 1,000 photographs that Simon took during the 4 days he was with us in Phuket.
http://picasaweb.google.com/107785743143764123642/Phuket?locked=true&feat=email#5522789077913876594
Snapping away at everything has produced some very good results; and each picture is full of good memories for me.
Tomorrow I think we might go to Ford. I need to connect with life after this fairly miserable week.
Ribs still hurt and I clearly still don't have my body and mind in balance.
Today I got my daylight lamp out - the one that is supposed to counteract the urge to hibernate and stave off SAD.

Labels: ,