Saturday, December 12, 2009

 

Busy and suffering - story of my life!

What is wrong with me?
I was fine for all the morning - a very busy morning.
When we got home I was very pale, feeling nauseous and my head was throbbing and breathing felt a bit laboured.
I actually took my blood pressure and it had shot up. Now I know that there are others who would be so happy to have a reading of 128 0ver 79, but this is very much higher than my normal 105 over 65.
Since then I have been floundering.

The morning was really good - cold, but very enjoyable.

We arrived at Ford at about quarter to eight.
It took me a while today to spend money, but I am very pleased now with the things I have bought. I have the ususal mix of books, glass and china.
I also bought a lovely white cotton nightdress. I buy some really good pretty white nightdresses (a bit Victorian in style) at car boot sales.
Bill spent rather more than me - trench art vases, interesting lighters, model aeroplane, model cars, 2 cameras etc.
We were wandering at Ford for about 3 hours - OK, no wonder I am tired!

We breakfasted in Littlehampton - hard to resist a tasty cooked breakfast for £2.69. Wetherspoons was packed - and lots of children were in there too.
Thats because there were Christmas festivities in the main street with children's choirs and bands.
I chatted to a couple about our age, with their 4 month old grand daughter Isobel.
We enjoyed the clown doing some magic tricks for the children and the balloon animals he made for them.
Two reindeer wandered up the main street too.
There was a Father Christmas grotto and a few stalls.

At home again I slumped.
But had to be a bit busy because I had 4 items finishing on EBay.
My Cecil Aldin book sold for £125. I had dared to hope for that much.
The 4 books sold for over £200 - so a very good contribution towards plane fares to Thailand.
The books are not wrapped yet - but I won't be posting until Monday, so I have tomorrow.
I have now unpacked what I bought this morning and jotted down prices paid before I forget.
I shall write it all up tomorrow hopefully.
That will be after we have been to the car boot sales at Dorking and Horley.

The chicken I planned to roast will wait until tomorrow. After a £2.69 breakfast I never feel the need of much else on the same day.
I shall settle down and watch dancing and X Factor.

Good night!