Tuesday, December 01, 2009

 

First of December.

I decided to look and see what has been going on in my life on earlier firsts of December.
Maybe I could recall some interesting day and some pictures.
What I actually did was find that 2 years ago on this day I was back in hospital with the high potassium problems and I continued to read more blog entries from that time - mine and Bill's.
I look back on a difficult time. I have come a long way since the December of 2 years ago.

The first day of the month here has brought sunshine.
It would be lovely to believe that December intends to overthrow the gloom of November.
Here is what Ashley wrote on facebook today......

Ashley Monk and E minor waited for the bus this morning and thought the light and colours over the mountains and sea were stupendous, contrasting well with the snow. Of course the red sky at morning means that the rain is just arriving. From the school yard yesterday it looked as though one hill was doing a passable impression of Mount Fuji.

I gave Ekatarina the name E Minor for facebook - thinking that perhaps Ashley might like to keep her name out of it. Liz (Elizabeth) is E Major.
Ashley was right about the rain arriving - when I talked to him this afternoon it was wet in Bangor.
It looks like December intends to give us more of the same.
The forecast for Saturday in these parts is disappointing; we will be the other side of Hastings with a group of college friends and husbands and might have gone walking.

But today Bill and I did walk - nowhere exciting.
We took parcels to the post office and walked on into town.
Bill wanted a few bits - didn't know he intended to buy trousers though. He has some new corduroy ones from T J Hughes.
We caught the bus home.

We picked up the post and it included our first Christmas card.
I will quote from what I said about it to Roger earlier.

But it has also been the day of our first Christmas card.
Sorry - but this was just about the worst kind.
The picture is twee - but maybe that is to their taste and I welcome the fact that people have varied opinions.
It is from June and Gordon.
Well, they are both still alive!
We haven't seen them for many years. They were Sussex athletics judges for field events.
There was no snippet of news - just their names.
Have we been really thought about? No - we are just names on their list. They might have wondered what we are doing now as they wrote the envelope.
We have not sent to them for 2 or 3 years - but they don't inquire if we are still alive!


This afternoon I had the pleasure of sorting out more photos for my Pilgrims Antiques blog.

http://pilgrimsantiquesweststreetdorking.blogspot.com/

Do have a look and share in some of the things to be seen in the shop.
I am really enjoying searching for things each week for this blog and it is helping me know other people's stock very much better.

Time to stop and make a cup of tea now. Good night.