Sunday, November 22, 2009

 

We found somewhere to go hunting!

It was raining hard at 6 o'clock.
We turned over and went back to sleep.

By 8 o'clock we were wishing we had opted to go out hunting - but too late.

We had a leisurely breakfast.
Then I phoned Jo. It was with great relief that I heard Peter's voice at the other end. He came out of hospital yesterday - but is not well and maybe his heart problems have not been well enough considered. He saw a doctor at Crawley hospital before dawn, with breathing difficulties.
But Jo was not there when I rang. Peter told me she had gone to Mannings Heath.
We haven't been to that little antiques fair for a long time and we instantly found coats and set off.
I spent money - maybe too much.
I bought 2 excellent Venetian paperweights.
And I bought Amelianne books. If I collect any books from my childhood it is those. The condition is not good and I probably paid Carol too much. At one time Carol was in Rocking Horse.
I also bought a Merrythought dog from her.
Oh it felt good to be out - and there was a lot of happy chatting going on.
But Jo had left by the time we got there.

This afternoon I really had to concentrate on EBay. I had a dozen payments in that I needed to account for. And I had to get all the parcels addressed. It seemed to take ages.
We shall take the parcels to our local post office before we go to Dorking in the morning - we can park outside that one. We have 2 huge parcels with Bill's large model aeroplanes.

And now just a few pictures of our walk at Littlehampton yesterday.
The sea was wild and the air was bracing.
I was a bit frustrated because my spare batteries didn't seem to be charged properly and I ended up with only 3 snaps.
But a walk on a beach can never really feel frustrating.
Bill enjoyed his new telephoto lens.


This picture is one of mine.
Compare and contrast with the one below taken by Bill - he was standing at a similar spot.





There were shafts of sunlight as we arrived at the beach - but you can see how the weather was closing in again.





Oystercatchers staring at the sea. They didn't seem to want to get their feet wet.

We believe the little birds to be sanderlings.


A turnstone.