Saturday, November 14, 2009

 

The weather news.

There is not much to say about today.
We got up. We stayed at home. We ate meals. We watched some TV and we went to bed.

I could pad that out a little of course.
I have described and listed some more books.
I have played Boggle on the computer - fun now, that I am able to get to know the people.
"Dan in Oz" is female, named Marsha. It is her husband who is Dan.

Bill has received his telephoto lens - and hardly had the chance to use it because we didn't go anywhere.
He contented himself with some pictures at home and of The Lord Mayor's Show which he watched on TV. But those photographs didn't need the new lens.

There is really only one topic of conversation - the amazing weather.
We enjoyed a cup of tea in bed this morning and during that half hour we saw a little sunshine, extremely torrential rain, fierce winds, lightning, thunder and a hail storm- hail stones as big as gobstoppers!
The lightning apparently caused problems and the fire brigade have been needed - but I don't know where exactly.
And so it has been all day long.
I think it is calming down now.

Bill took these pictures to illustrate the day.






If you like good pictures I recommend this site.
http://stmargaretsphotodiary.blogspot.com/
When I was doing our Kent photos I googled St Margarets Under cliffe - the place from where we could see France.
This blog appeared and I check it out often now.
The blogger seems like an interesting man - and a superb photographer, particularly of birds.