Thursday, November 05, 2009

 

Take another look at Pilgrims Antiques.

No pictures today!

But I can offer you some on my other blog.
http://pilgrimsantiquesweststreetdorking.blogspot.com/

I decided that with little effort I could create a site that could be found by people searching for Antiques shops in Dorking - and ours in particular.
The blog format comes very easily to me.
But what I hadn't realised is that new sites can take an age to appear on search engine lists.
Of course I like doing a blog to amuse myself and my family and friends - but this one is supposed to be found by potential visitors and customers.
So, I shall wait now until this blog can be googled before adding much more. I'll let you know whenever that might be.

At least the shop blog has a connection with today.
We have been to the shop.
Bill saw a small piece of unused wall by his shelves and planned to make a small little shelf unit for this space.
A couple of weeks ago he went out from the shop to buy some wood, but came back appalled at the cost of it.
We were on duty with Jill at the time. Bless her, she stores up ways of being helpful. She is trying to clear her garage and persuaded her husband that 3 planks of new wood could be discarded and given to Bill.
Today we met her at the shop to receive the wood.
We stayed quite a while.
This was to give Hilary (who shares Thursdays) a chance to get out and do errands that she needed to do.
Well done Hilary - you missed the selling of a heavy dressing table and the loading of it into a small car!

We had planned to make a day of this anyway - perhaps go and enjoy some countryside, or a village or maybe even Polesden Lacey. But we didn't get away until half past one and I also wanted to do the week's shopping. And the weather was very murky anyway. Maybe it will be better tomorrow.
So, we went to Horley for a Waitrose shop.
But first, we planned to have a snack in Wetherspoons.
It turned out that it would be cheaper to have a meal. They have a weekday offer (after 2 p.m) of fish, chips peas, tartar sauce, lemon, bread and butter and a hot drink for £3.20.
That is very much cheaper than getting take away fish and chips.
It was very good and it was fun to sit and chat before hitting the supermarket shelves.

Mind you, Waitrose does seem so civilised.
Always game to try new things we have bought acai fruit juice and goji fruit juice. I will let you know if they are worth seeking out.

And now I must amend EBay instructions again - but I am not complaining. I don't need warnings of delays and I don't need to post by first class now that the strikes have been called off until at least next year.

I have been browsing to look for a good bed and breakfast place (maybe for 2 nights) at the beginning of December when there will be a college girls reunion near Hastings. There may be 8 out of the group of 11 that bonded in 1962 enjoying a couple of days of activities together.

Fireworks going off outdoors of course.
This year there does seem to have been far fewer bangs and explosions prior to the big day.
The next few days will see a great many of course - with the major displays being held on Saturday evening.
I really would love to experience November 5th in Lewes - but these days people are warned to stay away because the influx of crowds from outside the town has become overpowering.
I wonder who their guy is this year.
I see that at Edenbridge they have an effigy of Jordan/Katie Price.

And now at half past six, time to get a cup of tea and a little something - having eaten so well after 2 o'clock we are not really very hungry.